According to No Child Left Behind Act regulations, students at Title I schools that have not made Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) for two years are eligible for the School Choice Option and /or supplemental education services.
Parents of students who attend the schools below are invited to an Open House at their school to learn about No Child Left Behind legislation and school choice options.
Open House -School Choice/Supplemental Education Services Information Meetings:
- Westside Elementary - Thursday, August 5, 2010 - 6:00 pm (school cafeteria)
- Hurt Park Elementary - Monday, August 9, 2010 - 6:00 pm (school cafeteria)
- Round Hill Elementary - Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 6:00 pm (school cafeteria)
- Lincoln Terrace Elementary - Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 6:00 pm (school cafeteria)
- Addison Middle School - Monday, August 16, 2010 - 6:00 pm (school cafeteria)
Students must be enrolled in their home school prior to the start of this school year in order for school choice transfer requests to be reviewed.
For more information, please contact Dr. Vella Wright, Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning at (540) 853-6113.