KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION MARCH 9-10
Registration is open to the following individuals:
- Children who will enter kindergarten and children currently enrolled in private kindergarten that will enter the public school system next year.
- Children who were eligible for kindergarten for 2016-2017 but were granted a waiver and will now enter school in August 2017.
- All children who will be five years old on or before September 30, 2017, are eligible for kindergarten.
- All children who will be four years old on or before September 30, 2017, are eligible to apply for the 4-year old preschool program. Preschool applications are available at all elementary schools and online at www.roanokepreschool.org. Preschool screenings will be scheduled from March-May.
Parents of children entering school for the first time need the following information when registering:
- Kindergarten registration form.
- Immunization record.
- A state-issued certificate of birth (hospital record is not sufficient).
- A report of a comprehensive physical examination for the child (physical must be completed within 12 months of the first date the child enters school – For more information, click here
- There will be forms to complete at the school, including a Residency/Custody Verification Form.
- Proof of residency-
- Option A) copy of a mortgage, lease or real estate tax assessment indicating principal residency in the City of Roanoke,
- Option B) copies of two documents must be provided: a valid driver's license (or other government-issued photo ID) and a current utility bill (electric, gas, or water/sewer). Both need to list a Roanoke City address.
You may want to call the school before you register. Here is a list of elementary schools:
Crystal Spring Elementary 540-853-2976
Fairview Elementary 540-853-2978
Fallon Park Elementary 540-853-2535
Fishburn Park Elementary 540-853-2931
Garden City Elementary 540-853-2971
Grandin Court Elementary 540-853-2867
Highland Park Elementary 540-853-2963
Hurt Park Elementary 540-853-2986
Lincoln Terrace Elementary 540-853-2994
Monterey Elementary 540-853-2933
Morningside Elementary 540-853-2991
Preston Park Elementary 540-853-2996
Roanoke Academy 540-853-2751
Round Hill Elementary 540-853-2756
Virginia Heights Elementary 540-853-2937
Wasena Elementary 540-853-2914
Westside Elementary 540-853-2967
Pupils who are presently attending kindergarten in Roanoke City Public Schools are not required to register to enter first grade.
For Attendance Zone information, click here or call 853-2816.