Digital Life 101
This lesson meets the following Virginia SOL guidelines:
C/T 6-8.3 Make responsible decisionsgrounded in knowledge of digital safety and security best practicesthat pertain to various digital communication tools and methods.
- Use best practices for online safety as defined by the divisions online safety program.
- Apply the divisions acceptable use policy to everyday situations.
- Model appropriate, legal, and ethical behavior in all technology use and technology-supported environment
- Identify reasons for taking security precautions when using any technology, especially those related to the Internet.
- Demonstrate responsible behavior, such as using strong passwords and avoiding high-risk activities.
- Identify examples of inappropriate or bullying online behavior and demonstrate an understanding of the reasons why such behavior is inappropriate in a civil society.
- Identify differences between healthy and unhealthy virtual relationships such as bullying and practice positive responses to problems.
- Demonstrate personal responsibility for online behavior, especially in social media settings.
- Demonstrate awareness of the potential social, economic, and legal consequences of inappropriate online behavior.
Please use the following link to guide you through this lesson.
Teacher Lesson Guide
If you have any questions contact your school's ITRT for help.
- Review the videos needed for this lesson. They can be found on the "Teacher Lesson Guide" page linked above.
- There are also teacher lesson plan materials and student handouts found on the page above. Review these as well before beginning your lesson.